Caramel Almond Popcorn Clusters
Sweet temptation — irresistible clusters of buttery caramel-candied popcorn and crunchy almonds.
10 cups freshly popped popcorn
2 cups whole almonds
1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/4 cup light corn syrup
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 225°F (105°C).
- Spray 15x10x1-inch baking sheet with non-stick spray; set aside.
- Mix popcorn and almonds in large bowl; set aside.
- Combine brown sugar, butter and corn syrup in medium saucepan. Over low heat, stir mixture until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to high and boil 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla, almond extract and baking soda.
- Pour over popcorn and almonds, immediately stirring gently to coat. Pour mixture onto prepared baking sheet, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 1 hour in preheated oven. Cool completely. Break into pieces and store in airtight container.
Makes 20 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of The Popcorn Board.