Cranberry-Orange Caramel Corn
This orange-flavored caramel corn, studded with dried cranberries and crunchy almonds, is the perfect sweet treat for fall and winter parties.
10 cups popped popcorn
1 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup whole almonds
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1/2 brown sugar, firmly packed
1/4 cup corn syrup
2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, undiluted
1 teaspoon orange or vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C).
- Place popcorn, cranberries and almonds in a large bowl; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan heat butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and orange juice concentrate over medium heat until butter is melted. Bring to a boil and boil 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in extract and baking soda (mixture will foam).
- Pour syrup mixture over popcorn mixture in bowl; stir to coat well. Spread evenly in a large, rimmed baking sheet or roasting pan, lined with foil and sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Bake 30 minutes, stirring twice during baking time.
- Stir caramel corn as it cools on baking sheet.
- Store in an airtight container.
Makes 2 1/2 quarts; 10 (1 cup) servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of The Popcorn Board.