Easy Caramel Apples
Long a staple of county fairs and fun fall parties, apples dipped in caramel are easy to make at home.
5 medium apples, washed and well dried
1 (11-ounce) bag KRAFT® Caramel Bits
2 tablespoons water
- Insert one wooden pop stick (from bag of caramels) into stem end of each apple. Cover large plate with waxed paper; spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place caramel bits in medium saucepan. Add water; cook on medium-low heat 3 min. or until caramel bits are completely melted, stirring constantly.
- Dip apples into melted caramel until evenly coated, spooning caramel over apples if necessary. Allow excess caramel to drip off. Scrape bottoms of apples; place on prepared plate. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Remove from refrigerator 15 minutes before serving. Store any leftover apples in refrigerator.
Makes 5 caramel apples.
- Wash and dry apples thoroughly before dipping into melted caramels so that the caramel sticks to the apples.
- Roll freshly dipped caramel apples in 1/2 cup chopped PLANTERS® COCKTAIL Peanuts. Place on prepared plate and continue as directed.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Kraft Foods.