Easy Toffee Candy
The whole family will enjoy this easy and delicious sweet treat.
1 1/4 cups butter - divided use
35 to 40 saltine crackers
1 cup packed dark brown sugar
1 (14-ounce) can NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 1/2 cups (9-ounces) NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Line 15 x 10-inch jelly roll pan with heavy-duty foil.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in medium saucepan. Pour into prepared jelly roll pan. Arrange crackers over butter, breaking crackers to fit empty spaces.
- Melt remaining butter in same saucepan; add sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in sweetened condensed milk. Pour over crackers.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until mixture is bubbly and slightly darkened. Remove from oven; cool for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle with morsels. Let stand for 5 minutes or until morsels are shiny; spread evenly. Sprinkle with nuts; press into chocolate. Cool in pan on wire rack for 30 minutes. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes or until chocolate is set. Remove foil; cut into pieces.
Makes 50 pieces.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/50 of recipe): Calories: 130 Calories from Fat: 70 Total Fat: 8 g Saturated Fat: 4.5 g Cholesterol: 15 mg Sodium: 70 mg Carbohydrates: 14 g Dietary Fiber: 0 g Sugars: 12 g Protein: 1 g.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, and is used with permission.