Frozen Butterfinger Cups
The perfect flavor and texture combination—peanut butter and chocolate—with just the right amount of crunch.
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter
3 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 to 2 cups (11.5 to 12-ounce package) NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Milk Chocolate or Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
1 (2.1 ounces) NESTLÉ BUTTERFINGER Candy Bar or 3 Fun Size NESTLÉ BUTTERFINGER Candy Bars, finely chopped
24 (1 1/2 to 1 3/4 inches in diameter) mini paper baking cups
- Place sugar, peanut butter, butter and salt in large mixer bowl. Beat until smooth. Stir in chopped Butterfinger.
- Place morsels in large, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; STIR. The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring until morsels are melted.
- Coat inside sides and bottoms of baking cups with melted chocolate using a small spoon or paintbrush. Transfer cups to mini muffin tin(s); freeze for 10 minutes or until set.
- Remove about one-third of chocolate cups from freezer. Spoon peanut butter mixture into cups, filling each about three-fourths full. Spoon melted chocolate over mixture, covering completely and filling cups to the top. Return to freezer; repeat with remaining cups. Freeze for 20 minutes or until set. Serve immediately or store in tightly covered plastic container in freezer for up to 2 weeks. To serve, remove from freezer and let cups stand for a few minutes. Peel off cup and serve cold.
Makes 24 candies.
- Cool chocolate for about 5 minutes after melting so that it is easier to work with.
- Set bowl of melted chocolate over pan of warm water (being careful not to get any water into the chocolate) to keep it a nice consistency for coating foil cups.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.