Karen's Cordial Cups
Karen's cordials, little baked cream cheese bites topped with chocolate and a kiss of cherry liqueur.
1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
2 (1-ounce) squares baking chocolate
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon cherry liqueur
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Mix together 1/2 cup butter, 1/3 cup sugar, softened cream cheese, flour, and unsweetened baking cocoa. Chill; divide into 24 balls.
- Press into the bottom and sides of an ungreased mini-muffin pan.
- In a saucepan, melt baking chocolate and 2 tablespoons butter. Remove from the heat and stir in 1/2 cup sugar, egg, vanilla, and cherry liqueur.
- Divide evenly in the mini-muffin pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until set. Cool slightly before removing from the pan.
Makes 24 confections.