Nutty Bonbon Pops
Just one of these sweet little treats makes a nice gift when wrapped individually in a cellophane bag. If you’re bringing them to a party as a hostess gift, arrange them on a plate. Chances are, they won’t make it until the end of the party.
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 1/2 cups smooth cashew butter*
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
1 pound (16 ounces) semisweet chocolate,** chopped or chips
Chopped nuts, cocoa nibs or sprinkles for garnish
Pretzel sticks, or lollypop sticks (optional)
- In large bowl, combine butters, vanilla and salt using electric mixer. Add sifted powdered sugar one cup at a time, whipping to fully incorporate. Dough will be fluffy but firm; chill briefly if sticky.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Insert pretzel or stick three-fourths of the way into each ball; place on parchment-lined baking sheets; refrigerate at least one hour or overnight.
- Place chocolate in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave 30 seconds on high, stir and continue to microwave in 10 to 20-second intervals, stirring after each until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Dip pops in melted chocolate up to the stick, allowing excess chocolate to drip off; sprinkle or dip bottom of pop in garnishes and return to parchment-lined baking sheet to allow chocolate to set or refrigerate pops briefly.
- Store pops in airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Makes about 50 (1-inch) bonbons.
*Any nut butter may be substituted; try almond, hazelnut or peanut butter.
**Bittersweet, milk or white chocolate may be substituted.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.