Peanut Butter Bonbons
Anyone who enjoys the combined flavors of chocolate and peanut butter, will absolutely love these delightful bonbon confections.
1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
1 (16-ounce) package powdered sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
12 ounces milk chocolate coating
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment or waxed paper. Set aside.
- Place the butter, peanut butter, powdered sugar and vanilla extract in medium mixing bowl. Using a heavy duty mixer, or a wooden spoon, mix the ingredients into a smooth dough.
- Using two teaspoons of dough for each, shape the dough into balls. Place on cookie sheet and refrigerate.
- Melt the chocolate coating according to package directions.
- Remove peanut butter balls from refrigerator. Stick a toothpick into a ball and carefully dip the ball into the chocolate coating, leaving the top one-fourth of the ball uncovered. Place on paper-line cookie sheet, remove pick and continue procedure until all balls are coated.
- Refrigerate until chocolate is firm.
Makes 60 bonbons.
Tip: Coat bonbons completely with chocolate and decorate with candy sprinkles as shown in photograph.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.