Peanut Butter Haystacks
Kids will have fun helping to make—and eat—these easy treats.
1 1/2 cups (3-ounces) chow mein noodles
1 (10-ounce) package peanut butter chips
2 tablespoons creamy or crunchy peanut butter
1 tablespoon vegetable shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil)
- Line cookie sheet with wax paper.
- In medium microwave-safe bowl, place peanut butter chips, peanut butter and shortening.
- Microwave at HIGH (100%) 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave at HIGH an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, just until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred.
- Add chow mein noodles and stir to coat well.
- Drop mixture by heaping teaspoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheet. Let stand or refrigerate until firm. Store in tightly covered container.
Makes about 2 dozen confections.