Popcorn adds a light, crispy texture to this popular campfire treat.
1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
1/2 cup corn syrup
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
10 cups freshly popped popcorn
1 (10.5-ounce) package miniature marshmallows
2 cups mini graham cookies (teddy bears)
1 cup milk or semisweet chocolate chips
- Combine brown sugar, butter and corn syrup in medium saucepan.
- Cook over high heat for 5 minutes; remove from heat and stir in baking soda.
- Combine popcorn and marshmallows in large bowl.
- Pour sugar mixture over popcorn to coat.
- Gently stir in graham cookies and chocolate chips.
- Spread mixture evenly into a greased 15x10x1-inch rimmed pan.
- Let cool completely. Break into pieces.
- Store in an airtight container.
Makes about 20 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of The Popcorn Board.