Rich Chocolate Truffles
Rich, buttery chocolate truffles with three coating variations.
1 2/3 cups heavy or whipping cream
1/2 cup butter
3 cups semisweet chocolate, broken into pieces and chopped*
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Unsweetened cocoa powder
Unsweetened cocoa powder and powdered sugar combined
- In a medium saucepan, combine heavy cream and butter and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils; remove from heat.
- Stir in both chocolate until completely melted; continue stirring until mixture cools and thickens slightly.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour into shallow glass dish. Cover; refrigerate several hours or until firm.
- To form truffles, with spoon, scoop mixture into 1-inch balls; roll in desired coating. Cover and refrigerate until firm.
- Reroll a second time, if desired. Serve cold. Store in refrigerator.
Makes about 4 dozen truffles.