Toasted Pecan-Butter Truffles
Elegant, cinnamon-scented truffles made with toasted pecan butter.
2 1/2 cups toasted pecan halves
Pinch of salt
3 tablespoons superfine granulated sugar
1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 tablespoon butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a food processor finely chop 1/2 cup pecans; remove and set aside.
- Add remaining 2 cups pecans with a pinch salt to processor and grind, occasionally scraping down side of bowl, until pecans release their oil and mixture becomes a smooth paste, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer pecan butter to a bowl and stir in remaining ingredients until combined well.
- Form level teaspoons of pecan butter into balls and roll, no more than 2 at a time, in chopped pecans, pressing pecans gently to make adhere.
- Chill truffles, in layers separated by waxed paper, in an airtight container at least 1 hour, or until firm.
Makes about 40 truffles.