Toll House® Easter Basket Fudge
Who wouldn't be thrilled to discover rich, creamy fudge in his or her Easter basket—especially if they're colorfully decorated?!! So quick and easy, you can treat your little ones with all three flavor varieties!
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2/3 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk (a 5-ounce can)
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups miniature marshmallows
1 1/2 cups NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tube decorator icing for each desired color (optional)
- Foil-line an 8-inch-square baking pan.
- Combine sugar, evaporated milk, butter and salt in medium, heavy-duty saucepan. Bring to a full rolling boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil, stirring constantly, for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in marshmallows, morsels, nuts and vanilla extract. Stir vigorously for 1 minute or until marshmallows are melted. Pour into prepared pan; refrigerate until firm.
- Lift from pan; remove foil. Cut into squares.
- Design Easter shapes (bunnies, eggs and/or chicks) on fudge squares with icing.
Makes 36 pieces.
- For Milk Chocolate Fudge: Substitute 2 cups (11.5-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels for Semi-Sweet Morsels.
- For Butterscotch Fudge: Substitute 1 2/3 cups (11-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels for Semi-Sweet Morsels.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.