White Chocolate-Cherry Almond Fudge
Creamy white chocolate fudge laced with toasted sliced almonds and sweet dried cherries.
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2/3 cup milk
1/4 cup butter
1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
1/2 cup dried cherries
- Line an 8-inch square pan with foil. Butter foil;set aside.
- Mix sugar and milk in a large, heavy saucepan. Add butter and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Without stirring, boil vigorously for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add chips and vanilla. Stir, then whisk until chips melt and mixture is smooth.
- Stir in almonds and cherries; spread in prepared pan. Refrigerate until firm.
- Remove fudge from pan, peel off foil and cut into 1-inch squares, if desired.
Makes 64 (1-inch) squares.