Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Breasts
Chicken breasts, filled with cream cheese seasoned with green onion, tarragon and black pepper, are wrapped in strips of smoked bacon and grilled or broiled.
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
4 teaspoons minced green onion
1 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
1 teaspoon black pepper
8 slices smoked bacon
- Split each breast horizontally, making a pocket and leaving one edge intact. Set aside.
- Combine cream cheese, green onion, tarragon, and black pepper.
- Spoon 1/4 cheese mixture into the pocket of each breast.
- Wrap each with 2 slices bacon and secure with wooden picks.
- Cook over medium heat on the grill or under the broiler, about 10 minutes per side, or until bacon is crisp and chicken tests done (juices run clear).
Makes 4 servings.