Caribbean Chicken Fajitas
Flavorful Caribbean-style chicken fajitas with roasted red, orange, green and yellow bell pepper strips served with a fresh orange picante salsa.
4 chicken breast halves, skinned, boned, cut in long strips
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon seasoned pepper
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 large garlic cloves, minced
1 medium green bell pepper, roasted, cut in strips*
1 medium orange bell pepper, roasted, cut in strips*
1 medium red bell pepper, roasted, cut in strips*
1 medium yellow bell pepper, roasted, cut in strips*
1/3 cup julienne-cut jicama
1/3 cup chopped green onion
1/3 cup sliced red onion
10 (6 to 7-inch) flour tortillas
Orange Picante Salsa (recipe follows)
- In shallow bowl, place chicken; sprinkle with garlic salt and seasoned pepper. Stir to coat.
- In skillet, place oil and heat to medium-high temperature. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add chicken and cook, stirring, about 10 minutes or until fork tender. Remove from heat.
- In large bowl, mix together green pepper, gold pepper, red pepper, yellow pepper, jicama, green onion and red onion.
- On warm serving platter, arrange in three parts, chicken, pepper mixture and tortillas with bowl of Orange Picante Salsa in center.
- To serve, place in center of each tortilla, chicken strips and pepper mixture. Top with Orange Picante Salsa and fold both sides of tortilla over filling.
Makes 5 servings.
Orange Picante Salsa: In medium bowl, mix together 1 cup bottled picante sauce, 2 tablespoons orange marmalade and 1/4 cup fresh cilantro. Stir to blend.
*To roast peppers, place under broiler, turning until charred. Cool. With knife point, remove stem, seeds and skin.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.