This easy, Southwestern chicken and rice dish bakes inside an oven roasting bag and is served topped with green onions, cheddar cheese and avocado.
1 oven bag (large size 14 x 20-inch)
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 (7-ounce) package quick-cooking beans-and-rice mix
1 medium onion, chopped
1 (10-ounce) can Rot*Tel diced tomatoes and green chilies
2 cups water
1 tablespoon lime juice
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Toppings: sliced green onions, shredded cheddar cheese, diced avocado
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place oven bag in a 13x9x2-inch baking dish. Add flour to oven bag; twist end of bag, and shake.
- Add beans-and-rice mix, half of seasoning packet, and next 4 ingredients to oven bag, reserving remaining seasoning mix. Squeeze bag to blend ingredients.
- Sprinkle chicken with remaining seasoning mix; arrange in an even layer on top of rice mixture.
- Close oven bag with nylon tie; cut 6 (1/2-inch) slits in top of bag.
- Bake chicken mixture at 350°F (175°C) for 40 to 45 minutes. Serve with desired toppings.
Makes 4 servings.