Chicken Santa Fe
A fun and tasty one-dish Southwestern meal baked in individual packets.
Heavy duty aluminum foil
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 poblano chili peppers, chopped
1 small red bell pepper, chopped
1 (16-ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 (15.25-ounce) can corn with red and green peppers, undrained
2 tablespoons fajita seasoning
Shredded lettuce for accompaniment
Toppings: sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, sliced green onions
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Tear off 4 (12x18-inch) foil sheets. Place 1 chicken breast in center of each foil sheet.
- Stir together peppers, beans, corn, and fajita seasoning, and spoon evenly on top of chicken.
- Bring up 2 sides of each foil sheet, and double fold with about 1-inch-wide folds. Double fold each end to form a packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside packet. Place packets on a baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 450°F (230°C) for 22 minutes or until chicken is done. Open foil packets carefully, allowing steam to escape.
- Serve over a bed of lettuce on individual serving plates with desired toppings.
Makes 4 servings.