Citrus and garlic marinated chicken breasts are grilled, sliced and combined with a colorful mixture of sautéed onion and bell peppers, served in flour tortillas accompanied with sour cream, salsa and sliced olives.
2 tablespoons lime juice
2 tablespoons lemon juice
4 tablespoons orange juice
1 clove garlic, minced
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
1 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
1 onion, sliced into rings
10 flour tortillas, heated
Sour cream for accompaniment
Salsa for accompaniment
Sliced black olives for accompaniment
- In medium bowl, mix together lime juice, lemon juice, orange juice and garlic.
- Sprinkle chicken with chili powder and salt.
- Set aside half of juice mixture for basting and in remainder, place chicken, turning to coat well. Cover and refrigerate chicken at least 30 minutes.
- On prepared grill or broiler rack about 6 inches from heat, place chicken. Cook, turning and basting with reserved marinade, about 10 minutes or until fork can be inserted in chicken with ease.
- In nonstick skillet, place oil and heat on medium temperature. Add peppers and onion and cook, stirring, until onion is transparent but still crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Slice chicken breasts into strips and add to pepper-onion mixture in skillet.
- Divide chicken-pepper mixture evenly in center of tortillas; top with dollop of sour cream, salsa and olives; fold tortillas.
Makes 5 servings with 2 tortillas each.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.