Greek-style breaded chicken rolls filled with kalamata olives, onion, pepperoncini, tomato and feta cheese.
8 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
3 tablespoons olive oil - divided use
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 teaspoons dried cilantro
2 garlic cloves, finely minced
24 kalamata olives, sliced
1/3 cup diced onion
4 pepperoncini peppers, diced
1 cup diced tomatoes
8 ounces feta cheese
1/2 pound herb seasoned stuffing, finely crushed
2 large eggs, beaten
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and flatten to 1/4-inch thickness. Brush with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper and cilantro.
- In small saucepan, place remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic, olives, onion and peppers; sauté just until tender, about 2 minutes.
- Divide mixture into 8 equal parts and spread in center of each chicken piece. Top each with 2 tablespoons diced tomatoes and 1/8 of feta cheese. Fold chicken around the mixture; secure with picks.
- Place stuffing in shallow pan and in another dish, place eggs. Dip each chicken roll first in egg, then in stuffing.
- Line baking pan with foil and arrange chicken in single layer.
- Bake in 350°F (175°C). oven about 30 minutes or until fork can be inserted in chicken with ease.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.