Easy Oven Soft Chicken Tacos
Soft tacos filled with tender morsels of seasoned chicken breast, refried beans and shredded Monterey Jack cheese make an easy meal.
10 (8-inch) flour tortillas
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces
1 (1.25-ounce) package ORTEGA Taco Seasoning Mix - divided use
2 tablespoons water - divided use
1 (16-ounce) can ORTEGA Refried Beans
3/4 cup ORTEGA Thick & Smooth Taco Sauce
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Suggested Toppings: chopped tomatoes, sliced green onions, shredded lettuce, chopped onion, avocado slices, sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Place tortillas on baking sheets.
- Heat oil in large skillet. Add chicken; cook until no longer pink. Add 2 tablespoons seasoning mix and 1 tablespoon water; mix well.
- Combine refried beans, remaining seasoning mix and remaining water in small bowl.
- Spread bean mixture evenly over each tortilla. Layer each with a drizzle of taco sauce. Top evenly with chicken mixture, cheese and desired toppings.
- Bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Fold each in half.
Makes 5 (2 taco) servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.