Grilled Chicken with Creamy Gorgonzola Cheese Sauce
The lemon-pepper-seasoned Gorgonzola cheese sauce complements grilled chicken breasts nicely.
3/4 cup unflavored yogurt
3 ounces cream cheese, softened
5 tablespoons Wisconsin Gorgonzola or Blue cheese, crumbled
2 tablespoons green onion, chopped
1 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
1/8 teaspoon salt
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
4 tablespoons butter, melted
Salt and pepper to taste
1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch strips for garnish
- Preheat gas or charcoal grill to medium heat.
- In small food processor, blend yogurt and cream cheese until smooth. Add Gorgonzola, green onion, lemon-pepper and salt. Process just until mixed. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Brush chicken with small amount of melted butter; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill chicken over direct medium heat for 5 minutes. Turn chicken and grill 7 to 10 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear.
- Brush pepper strips with melted butter; grill 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Garnish chicken with grilled pepper slices; serve with yogurt cheese sauce.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.