Pesto Rice Stuffed Chicken
Elegant stuffed chicken breasts filled with a delicious walnut and basil pesto-infused rice stuffing.
6 large chicken breast halves, with skin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup fresh basil
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1/2 cup walnuts
3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup cooked rice
2 tablespoons sour cream
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon bottled hot sauce
1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Loosen skin on each chicken breast to form a pocket; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In food processor or blender, place basil, garlic and walnuts; process.
- In large bowl mix together Parmesan cheese, rice, sour cream, olive oil, hot sauce and basil mixture.
- Place 1/3 cup of rice mixture under chicken skin of each breast*.
- Place chicken in a foil-lined 9 x 13 glass baking dish. Brush with melted butter and bake in 350°F (175°C) oven about 1 hour or until fork can be inserted in chicken with ease.
Makes 6 servings.
*If skin becomes detached, press it over filling and fasten with toothpicks.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.