Buttery sautéed chunks of chicken thighs, onion and mushrooms in a sour cream and Havarti cheese sauce topped with fresh bread crumbs and fresh chopped parsley.
3 tablespoons butter
6 broiler-fryer chicken thighs, skinned, boned, cut into 1-inch pieces
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2/3 cup finely chopped onion
8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
3/4 cup dairy sour cream
1/2 cup shredded Havarti cheese
1/4 cup fresh bread crumbs
2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- In skillet, place butter and melt over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook, turning, about 7 minutes or until brown on all sides. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add onion and continue stirring and cooking until onion is clear, about 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook 5 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low; stir in sour cream and cheese and cook until cheese melts, about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs and parsley; stir to mix only.
- Serve in individual bowls.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.