Stir-Fry Chicken with Vegetables
The key to successful stir-frying is to prep all the ingredients ahead, having them ready to cook before you heat the wok or skillet. All the work in a stir-fry is in the prepping, after that, it only takes a few minutes to cook.
1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut in thin slices
1 1/2 cups small cauliflower florets
1 1/2 cups small broccoli florets
1 cup thinly sliced carrots
1 cup sliced green onion, tops included
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup chicken broth, heated
1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Preheat heavy skillet about 3 minutes on medium high heat; spray with nonstick corn oil cooking spray. Add chicken slices and stir fry about 3 minutes.
- Increase heat to high and add cauliflower, broccoli and carrots; continue to stir fry about 3 minutes.
- Add onion, salt, pepper and garlic powder, continuing to stir fry about 3 minutes more.
- Add warm chicken broth and soy sauce, scraping drippings from bottom of skillet, and cook about 2 minutes more.
- Serve alone or with cooked thin spaghetti or rice.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.