Szechuan Chicken and Mango
Stir-fry for Szechuan-style chicken and mango.
1 pound boneless chicken, sliced into 1/2-inch strips
1 egg white
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon corn starch
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
1 green pepper, julienne
1 jalapeño, minced
1 mango, peel and cut into ¼ in slices
4 whole dried Szechuan peppers
1 whole scallion, whites sliced, greens julienned for garnish
1 tablespoon Hoisin
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons canola oil
- Add the egg white to a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Add sliced chicken and sprinkle with corn starch and reserve.
- To make the sauce to a bowl add hosin, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, and honey.
- Now pre-heat your wok and add a good amount of oil and add the whole dried Szechuan peppers.
- Next add the garlic, ginger, jalapeño, and green pepper and sauté for about 30 seconds.
- Make a hole in the middle and pour in the chicken and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Now add the mango, just heat it through and add the sliced scallion whites.
- Finally pour in the sauce and let it come to a simmer, it will thicken.
- Plate and garnish with scallion greens and fresh cilantro.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of HolidayKitchen.tv. Photograph property of CooksRecipes.com.