Tart and Tangy Grilled Chicken
Gilled chicken marinated in, and basted with a tangy orange-soy sauce.
4 tablespoons butter or margarine
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 cup wine vinegar
1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
4 broiler-fryer chicken quarters
1/4 cup sugar-free, all-fruit orange marmalade
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In small skillet over medium temperature, melt butter. Add onion and cook, stirring, until clear, about 5 minutes. Stir in vinegar, soy sauce and orange marmalade. Pour mixture into food processor or blender and blend about 1 minute.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and arrange in shallow bowl in single layer. Pour sauce over chicken, cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- At cooking time, place chicken on prepared grill, skin side up, about 8 inches from heat.
- Place marinade in small saucepan on grill or stovetop and heat to boiling.
- Grill chicken, turning and basting with sauce every 10 minutes, for about 1 hour or until fork can be inserted in chicken with ease.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.