Yucatan Thai Chicken Fajitas
This terrific recipe Yucatan Thai Chicken Fajitas was submitted by Maggie Little of Huntsville, Alabama.
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut in strips
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
3 cups broccoli slaw mix
2 green onions, cut in 1-inch pieces
1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles
2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
8 (7-inch) flour tortillas
Apricot-Hoisin sauce (recipe follows)
1/4 cup toasted sunflower seed
Mint sprigs for garnish (optional)
- Sprinkle chicken with seasoned salt.
- In large skillet, place vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring, about 4 minutes or until tender.
- Add red pepper, broccoli slaw, green onions, chilies and mint; cook about 4 minutes longer, stirring.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions.
- Spread each tortilla with Apricot-Hoisin Sauce. Divide chicken mixture equally among tortillas, sprinkle with sunflower kernels, fold up and arrange on serving platter. Garnish with mint sprigs, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.
Apricot-Hoisin Sauce: In small bowl, mix together 1/3 cup hoisin sauce, 1/3 cup apricot preserves, 2 tablespoons peanut butter, 1/2 teaspoon dark sesame oil, 1 teaspoon minced garlic and 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.