Recipe courtesy of CanolaInfo.org.
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoons salt
3/4 cup canola oil
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup sliced almonds, chopped
1/2 cup finely chopped dried apricots
1 3/4 cups powdered sugar, for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, cornstarch and salt until completely combined. Add canola oil and beat until well combined. Add water, almond and vanilla extract. Mix. Stir in almonds and dried apricots.
- Scoop batter with small ice cream scooper, melon baller or spoon, making all same size. Place them on ungreased baking sheet about 1-inch apart.
- Bake cookies about 12 to 15 minutes or until just set. Cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes and then transfer to wire rack until just warm.
- Pour powdered sugar into bowl.
- While cookies are still warm, but not hot, roll in powdered sugar. It will adhere slightly to cookies, making them look like snowballs. Return cookies to wire rack and when totally cooled, roll in powdered sugar again.
- Store in air-tight container.
Makes 36 cookies.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/36 of recipe): Calories: 130; Total Fat: 5g; Saturated Fat: 0g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Total Carbs: 20g; Fiber: 0g; Sugar: 13g; Protein: 1g; Sodium: 20mg; Potassium: 42mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of CanolaInfo.org.