Black Forest Cookies
Chewy, cherry-flavored cranberries and milk chocolate pair up together in a cookie reminiscent of the classic cake.
1 (11.5-ounce) package milk chocolate morsels - divided use
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 (6-ounce) package Ocean Spray® Craisins® Cherry Flavor Sweetened Dried Cranberries
1 cup pecans or walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (175ºC).
- Pour 3/4 cup morsels into an uncovered large microwave-safe bowl. Set remaining morsels aside. Microwave morsels for 2 minutes on high. Stir until chocolate is smooth.
- Stir in brown sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla. Add flour and baking powder, mixing until thoroughly combined. Stir in remaining morsels, cherry flavor sweetened dried cranberries and pecans.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until cookies are puffed and set to the touch. For a firmer cookie bake for 14 minutes. Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
Makes 30 cookies.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/30 of recipe): Calories 140 (7%DV), Total Fat 7 grams (11%DV), Chol. 20 mg (6%DV), Sodium 25 mg (1%DV), Pot. 65mg (2%DV), Total Carb. 17grams (6%DV), Dietary Fiber <1gram (3%DV), Sugars 12grams, Protein 1gram (2%DV), Vit. A 84 IU (0%DV), Vit. C <1mg (0%DV), Calcium 8mg (0%DV), Iron <1mg (0%DV), Dietary Exchange: Starch/Bread 0.5, Fruit 0.5, Fat 1.5.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc.