Chocolate Chip Crunch Cookies
Crispy rice cereal adds a pleasant crunch to these yummy, not-too-sweet, chocolate chip cookies.
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups crisped rice cereal
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a small bowl combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour mixture and mix to just combine.
- Stir in the crisp rice cereal, chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a non-stick baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until lightly browned, turning baking sheet around after 6 minutes to ensure even browning.
- Transfer cookies to wire rack to cool. Store in tightly sealed container.
Makes 3 1/2 dozen or 42 cookies.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/42 of recipe): 96.0 calories; 47% calories from fat; 5.4g total fat; 10.8mg cholesterol; 53.8mg sodium; 20.0mg potassium; 11.7g carbohydrates; 0.5g fiber; 5.0g sugar; 11.2g net carbs; 1.2g protein.