Chocolate Rum Cookies
Big, moist and chewy, chocolate rum-flavored cookies.
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups unsweetened baking cocoa
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups butter, softened
2 cups granulated sugar
2 tablespoons dark rum
2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- In a bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl with an electric mixer beat together butte and sugar until light and fluffy and beat in rum. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in flour mixture and mix just until dough is blended well.
- Form scant 1/4-cup measures of dough into balls and arrange about 3-inches apart on non-stick baking sheets.
- Bake cookies in middle of oven until tops begin to crack, about 15 minutes, and transfer with a metal spatula to wire racks to cool.
Makes 2 dozen cookies.