Chocolate Almond Butter Crescents
Delightful crescent shaped cookies. Half of each cookie is coated in chocolate, and its other half with powdered sugar.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sifted cocoa
1 1/4 cups butter
2/3 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups very finely chopped almonds*
1 1/4 cups (8 ounces) semisweet or white chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Combine flour, salt and cocoa. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla extract and almonds. Mix well. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well after each addition. Chill dough several hours.
- Using 2 heaping measuring teaspoons for each cookie, shape dough into crescents.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet for 15 to 18 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
- To decorate, melt chocolate over low heat. Dip half of the cookie into melted chocolate and let cool on wax paper.
- Cover dipped end with wax paper and sprinkle remaining cookie half with powdered sugar.
Makes 5 dozen cookies.
*Tip: Use food processor or blender to finely chop almonds.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.