Chocolate Almond Cookie Bites
These chewy chocolate cookies, with toasted almonds, are deliciously simple to make.
1 (8-ounce) box NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Bars, broken into pieces
2 large eggs
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chopped almonds, toasted
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
30 almond slices or slivers
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Grease baking sheets.
- Microwave baking bars in a medium, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Beat eggs and salt in a small mixer bowl on high speed for 3 minutes or until thick. Add brown sugar; beat for additional 5 minutes. Beat in melted chocolate and vanilla extract. Stir in chopped almonds and flour. Drop by rounded teaspoon onto prepared baking sheets. Insert one almond slice into top of each cookie.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until shiny and set. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Makes 3 dozen cookies.
- For Chocolate Walnut Cookie Bites: Substitute 1 cup chopped toasted walnuts for almonds. Garnish cookies with walnut pieces before baking.
- For Chocolate Pecan Cookie Bites: Substitute 1 cup chopped toasted pecans for almonds. Garnish cookies with pecan halves or pieces before baking.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.