Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
These incredible chocolate chip oatmeal cookies include 2 cups of finely processed nuts.
1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter - at room temperature
1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs - room temperature
1 generous teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups quick oats, uncooked
2 cups pecans or walnuts, chopped fine in a food processor
24 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips*
- Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy and pale yellow. Slowly beat in eggs and vanilla until incorporated.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt and fold in.
- Add oats, pecans and chocolate chips; fold until incorporated.
- Drop by teaspoons about an inch apart on a large greased baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 325°F (160°C) on top rack of oven until golden, about 8 to 10 minutes.
Makes 4 1/2 to 5 dozen cookies.
*If you want to use milk chocolate chips, omit all but 2 tablespoons of the granulated sugar.
Recipe provided courtesy of The Sugar Association, Inc.