Chocolate Chip-Peanut Butter Cookies
Cookies made with the unbeatable flavor combination of chocolate and peanut butter.
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat together peanut butter, brown sugar, butter, sugar and eggs. Mix until creamy. Stir in vanilla.
- In another bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Stir into butter mixture until blended. Add chocolate chips and stir until evenly mixed in.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto cookie sheets. Flatten each cookie with a fork.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
Makes 3 dozen cookies.