Christmastime or anytime, these nutty oat and coconut cookies gain extra crunch from corn flakes.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup old-fashioned oats
1 cup corn flakes
1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a small bowl; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and beat well. Stir in flour mixture until just mixed. Stir in oats, corn flakes, coconut and pecans.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; place 2-inches apart on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool.
Makes 3 1/2 dozen cookies.