These tassies—miniature cookie tarts with golden brown crusts—have a crunchy, sweet-tart cranberry and pecan filling.
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 large egg
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup finely chopped dried cranberries
3 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- For pastry, in a medium mixing bowl, beat the butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until combined. Stir in flour until just mixed. Chill pastry for 1 hour.
- Shape the pastry dough into 24 balls. Place in an ungreased 1 3/4-inch muffin cups. Press pastry evenly against the bottom and up the side of each muffin cup.
- For filling, in another medium mixing bowl beat together the egg, brown sugar, vanilla and salt until until smooth. Stir in the cranberries and pecans. Spoon the filling into the pastry-lined muffin cups.
- Bake in a 325°F (190°C) oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Cook in muffin cups on wire racks.
- Remove tassies from muffin cups by running a knife around the edges.
Makes 2 dozen tassies.