Crispy Chocolate Heart Cookies
Crispy rice and marshmallow cut-out no-bake cookies. Use other cookie cutters for any occasion with this quick and easy recipe.
1 cup semisweet chocolate pieces
1/4 cup light-colored corn syrup
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
3 cups crisp rice cereal
1/2 teaspoon butter or margarine
- Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper. Grease the waxed paper with the 1/2 teaspoon butter or margarine. Set aside.
- Put the chocolate pieces, corn syrup, and the 2 tablespoons butter or margarine in a heavy medium saucepan. Put pan on burner. Turn burner to low heat. Cook until chocolate and butter are melted, stirring all the time with a wooden spoon.
- Turn off burner. Remove pan from burner. Or, put chocolate pieces, corn syrup, and butter or margarine in a 1 1/2-quart microwave-safe casserole. Microwave, uncovered, on 100 percent power (high) for 1 minute or until chocolate and butter are melted, stirring once.
- Add the rice cereal to the melted chocolate mixture. Stir with a wooden spoon until the cereal is evenly coated with chocolate.
- Turn the chocolate-coated cereal out onto the prepared cookie sheet. Pat it into a 12x6-inch rectangle. Chill about 20 minutes or until slightly firm.
- Cut cereal mixture into heart shapes with a heart-shaped cookie cutter.
- Decorate with frosting, if you like. Chill until firm; wrap each heart in plastic wrap. Chill until serving time.
Makes 8 (3-inch) hearts.
Make-Ahead Tip: Prepare as directed and chill up to 2 days.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): calories: 193, total fat: 9g, saturated fat: 2g, cholesterol: 8mg, sodium: 147mg, carbohydrate: 31g, fiber: 0g, protein: 2g.
Recipe provided by Better Homes and Gardens - BHG.com a member of the Home and Family Network for the best of cooking, gardening, decorating and more. © 2003 Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.