EZ Fluffernutter Cookies
The classic peanut butter and marshmallow fluff sandwich has morphed into a super-yummy, crispy AND chewy, gluten-free cookie! These are so good and easy, you might want to consider doubling the recipe...because they won't last long!
1 cup creamy peanut butter (such as Skippy, do not use natural-style.)
1 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Marshmallow Fluff, as needed
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Generously grease baking sheets with shortening.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the peanut butter and sugar using an electric mixer until combined. Add the egg, baking soda and vanilla and continue beating until all ingredients are well combined.
- Scoop out heaping tablespoons of the dough and roll into balls and arrange them at least 3-inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Make an indention in the center of each ball and place approximately 1/2 teaspoon of marshmallow fluff into the indention. Once filled, gently pinch off small pieces of dough from the edges and place them atop the marshmallow fluff. (It's easier than it sounds, the dough is very pliable.) Once the fluff is covered, press balls into 2-inch diameter rounds.
- Bake cookies for 10 to 12 minutes, turning baking sheets around halfway through the baking time.
- Cool cookies on baking sheets 3 minutes, then transfer to racks to cool completely. Store cookies in an airtight container.
Makes approximately 17 (3 1/2-inch) cookies.