EZ Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
These flourless cookies obtain that classic chocolate chip cookie flavor by using dark brown sugar with the gluten-free peanut butter dough base. Super easy and quick to to make, these delicious cookies are sure to become a favorite treat!
1 cup creamy peanut butter (such as Skippy, do not use natural-style.)
1 cup dark (preferrably) or light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Generously grease baking sheets with shortening.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the peanut butter and brown sugar using an electric mixer until combined. Add the egg, baking soda and vanilla and continue beating until all ingredients are well combined. Add the chocolate chips and stir until distributed.
- Scoop out slightly heaping tablespoons of the dough and form into balls, arranging at least 3-inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Press balls into 2-inch diameter rounds.
- Bake cookies for 10 to 11 minutes (do not overbake), turning baking sheets around halfway through the baking time.
- Cool cookies on baking sheets 3 minutes, then transfer to racks to cool completely. Store cookies in an airtight container.
Makes approximately 20 (2 1/2-inch) cookies.