Frosted Double Chocolate Cookies
A chocoholic's dream cookie. Chocolate frosting tops chocolate cookies laden with chocolate chips. A must with ice-cold milk.
1 (12-ounce) package NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels - divided use
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 1/4 cups sifted powdered sugar
2 tablespoons milk
- For Cookies: Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Microwave 3/4 cup morsels in a small, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10 to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth; cool to room temperature. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
- Beat butter, brown sugar, sugar and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl until creamy. Beat in melted chocolate and egg. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in 3/4 cup morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 9 minutes or until edges are set but centers are still slightly soft. Cool on baking sheets for 3 mintues; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Thinly frost centers of cookies with chocolate frosting.
- For Chocolate Frosting: Microwave remaining 1/2 cup morsels and butter in medium, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH power for 30 seconds; stir until smooth. Microwave at additional 10 to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Add powdered suar and milk; stir until smooth.
Makes 1 1/2 dozen cookies.
Tip: Freeze cookies on a baking sheet until firm; store in an airtight container up to 3 months.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.