Gaylene's Icebox Cookies
Gaylene's deliciously nutty, thin and crispy icebox cookies.
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped nuts
- In a medium bowl, beat butter, sugar and brown sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Beat in eggs, one at a time; add vanilla with last egg. Sift together flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. Stir into creamed mixture until thoroughly combined. Add nuts.
- Form dough into a 1 to 1 1/2-inch wide roll. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Remove wrap and cut into 1/4-inch slices. Place 2-inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom. Cool on wire racks.
Makes 2 1/2 dozen cookies.