Julie's Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies
Julie's sour cream chocolate chip cookies are so tender and yummy—and so loaded with chocolate chips!
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (18-ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips (3 cups)
- Beat sugar, eggs and shortening in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in sour cream and vanilla until smooth.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a small bowl. Gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. Refrigerate dough for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 2-inches apart onto baking sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. Let stand for 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool.
Makes 3 dozen cookies.