Krispy Coconut Cookies
A nutty coconut cookie with extra crunchiness from crispy rice cereal.
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 cup crispy rice cereal
1/2 cup flake coconut
1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- In a medium bowl, beat butter, sugar and brown sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add oil, egg and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and cream of tartar in a small bowl. Add to creamed mixture, stirring by hand until just combined.
- Stir in cereal, coconut and nuts.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto baking sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set and lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
Makes 4 dozen cookies.