Hope's Loaded with Goodies Cookies
You can fill your cookie jar with these—but don't expect them to last long—they're deliciously chewy, slightly crunchy and absolutely scrumptious!
1 cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
1 cup almond slices (not slivered), toasted
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
6-ounces white chocolate, coarsely chopped or 1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190C).
- To toast the coconut and almond slices, spread each out onto a separate baking sheet. Toast in the 375°F (190°C) oven until golden, stirring each frequently. This takes just a couple of minutes. Watch closely, as they will burn easily. Set aside to cool.
- In medium bowl whisk together the flour baking soda, baking powder, and salt; mixing well. Set aside.
- Cream sugars and butter in a large bowl using an electric mixer at medium speed until texture is fluffy and light in color. Add eggs and vanilla; continue to beat until creamy and well mixed. Stir in flour mixture until just mixed; gently fold in the white chocolate, dried cranberries or cherries, toasted coconut and almond slices just until mixed.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto parchment-lined or non-stick baking sheets, about 2-inches apart.
- Bake in the upper half of the oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until lightly browned, turning the baking sheet around halfway through the baking time to allow even baking of the cookies.
- Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool. Store in tightly sealed container.
Makes 4 dozen cookies.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/48 of recipe): 128.8 calories; 44% calories from fat; 6.7g total fat; 19.0mg cholesterol; 87.5mg sodium; 52.3mg potassium; 16.8g carbohydrates; 0.8g fiber; 8.2g sugar; 16.0g net carbs; 1.6g protein.