Malted Milk Chocolate Cookies
A scrumptious cookie that tastes like a vanilla malted milkshake topped with a drizzle of creamy chocolate.
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg yolk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup malted milk powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1(6-ounce) package millk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla until smooth. Add malted milk powder and salt until well combined. Stir in flour until thoroughly combined; dough will be stiff. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Pinch off pieces of dough and roll into 1-inch balls. Place on cookie sheets and bake 8 to 10 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
- Place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and cook until just melted; stir after every 20 seconds. Transfer melted chocolate to a small resealable plastic bag and cut off a piece of the corner. Drizzle decoratively over cookies. Let sit on wax paper until chocolate hardens. Refrigerate if kitchen is warm.
- Store wrapped in foil in a cool place.
Makes 3 dozen cookies.