Mount Rainier Macaroons
Irresistible, moist coconut cookies topped with bittersweet and white chocolate!
1 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
6 cups sweetened or unsweetened shredded coconut
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
1 cup white chocolate chips
- Blend in a bowl the sweetened condensed milk, shredded coconut, and vanilla.
- Shape about 2 tablespoons of cookie dough into small “mountain” shapes and place on parchment-lined or greased cookie sheets.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) until light brown, about 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from the pan at once and cool on a wire rack.
- Melt bittersweet chocolate in small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Dip pointy ends of macaroons in chocolate, leaving small area around the bottom exposed. Place cookies on wax paper and let stand until chocolate is firm.
- Melt white chocolate over low heat in clean saucepan, stirring constantly.
- Dip top points of each cookie into white chocolate to add “snow cap.” Allow white chocolate to set at least 3 hours.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Makes 3 dozen cookies.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.