Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies
You don't have to be a peanut butter lover to enjoy these chewy oatmeal cookies—but you might become one after the first bite.
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup creamy or crunchy peanut butter
1 cup quick-cooking oats
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Cream together shortening, butter, sugars, and peanut butter. Add eggs and mix well. Add baking soda and salt, combine thoroughly.
- Stir in flour and oats until just combined.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets and bake for 15 minutes or until just light brown. Do not over bake.
- Transfer and cool on wire racks. Store in an airtight container.
Makes 4 dozen cookies.