Orange Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Zesty, orange-flavored cookies loaded with chunks of coarsely chopped semisweet chocolate.
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon grated orange peel
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 cup butter, softened
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon orange extract
1 (8-ounce) bar semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C).
- In a medium bowl combine flour, soda, salt and orange peel. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl blend sugars with electric mixer at medium speed. Add butter and beat well, scraping sides of bowl as needed. Add eggs and orange extract, and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy. Stir in the flour mixture and chopped chocolate until just mixed.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets, 1 1/2-inches apart.
- Bake for 22 to 24 minutes until cookies are slightly brown along the edges. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool. Store in airtight container.
Makes 3 dozen cookies.